April 23, 2001

A kiss in the morning

You left wetness on my cheek when you kissed me this morning

I wondered was it telling me of the cooling in your heart
Because it feel cool on my hot morning cheek

I wondered was it telling me of the wetness of your love
Because I can't remember that part of you anymore

I wondered was it telling me about the silence between kisses
Because our room is quiet; we haven't made love in months

I wondered was it telling me 'Goodbye'
Because I didn't know if you'd come back after your jog

I wondered was it telling me 'I long for you'
Because you don't know how to tell me

You came back from your run,
You didn't leave me forever, at least not today

Instead you made me coffee and brushed my fingers
As you handed over the mug, you washed the breakfast dishes
And didn't cringe when I stroked your long back

You came up to me with a gentle arm around my waist
When I wiped the counter but you gave me no more kisses,

No more wetness, no more secret messages for me to ponder
over while we are apart, interpreting the code of love

(reworked October 6, 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home